Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Today's Media, the joke aint funny.

So where am I gonna go with this, right? Well, it is wide open. I read this morning that Lara Logan of CBS news was sexually assaulted during the crisis in Egypt. What??? No way, that could happen, not in a country full of peace loving muslim/islamist whatever.......... The truth is, CBS contributed to her assault. By the way, if it was ANYONE other than a media member, we would KNOW EVERY detail and have photos splashed everywhere. I think it was a bad call on the part of CBS, to send a woman into the fire of those protests. Come on, what is the islamic track record on womens rights, er none.
So, what is my point? I have lost faith in ANY media outlet, I am still going to gather my information from websites and newspapers, I will just have to strengthen my BULLSHIT FILTER and rely more on the blogging public to find out what the truth actually is. Now I know why some countries only have government controlled news outlets, they control the info, they control everything. Like I have said before, I am pretty naive, but I'm getting better. The good news is that the people can still bring a country to it's knees when they become united.
Here in the good old USA, we have a POS for president and the economy sucks, the housing market sucks, and the job market sucks. Prices are going up on food costs, fuel costs and damn near everything else,and meanwhile they continue to bicker in Washington. Did you happen to notice a trait that each of us Americans seem to have? We all sit on our ass and do nothing until it affects us individually, then it causes an effect. Once it hits home, we can move mountains. Look at the Tea Party, that was a grass roots movement that shook both political parties. Well, this just happened in Egypt, major changes in the middle East and I am not sure how it bodes for the USA. The fact is it could happen here at home and the likelyhood grows each day that obozo is in office.
If the media did it's job as I was taught to believe, more Americans would undertand the critical situation that faces our country today. That there is a possibility of a civil war in our own country, that radical islamist are already in our midst, that we have major financial issues, and that our current administration is NOT qualified to manage a roadside lemonade stand.
America faces many challenges in the years to come in all realms. The one fact that keeps me positive is that when people have finally had enough, they can demand change and they can get change. It only cost costs in lives and destruction. Think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment