Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The "P,C" words for Vagina,and I don't mean politically correct either-

Greetings Y'all,
WaHoo!!! Ok, got that out of the way. I had a unique experience the other day and it has taken a few days to get my head around it. I was standing in the checkout line at a Kroger Super market here in the Houston area, it was on a Monday afternoon. For some reason when I go to the grocery store it's very late or extremely early. Usually the only people in the store are the employees and a few other night owls like myself, so I'm not really use to the "social hours" of a grocery store. I had ran into grab some things I had forgotten to pickup for this "slammin" dinner I was gonna prepare for the fam. I know, I know, I'm getting to it. Well, in front of me in the express checkout lane was an attractive 30 something mom and her young little boy. I don't really know how their argument started, I just sort of walked up on it, but I think it was over her refusal to buy him the candy he wanted. Why? Because that is about the time he called her a "pussy".

Wow! Did he really say that? 5 or 6 years old, maybe 7, and in a grocery store callin out mom like that! I would have been dead where I stood, never mind having to face dad later, mom wouldn't have needed any help in this case. It happened so fast... I was like "uh oh, did he", and the young female cashier was looking at me like "WTF", like it was my fault or something. Maybe I felt guilty because I am familiar with the word. Well, the next phase was Mom's reaction. Me and the cashier where the only other people to hear it go down but it was amazing how Mom dealt with it. She looked at me with one of those "don't you say a word, or you die" glances and then she put her finger to her mouth to shush him. She bent over him, drew him in close and whispered something in his ear. The kid looked down at the floor and put his hands in his pockets, looked kinda like he was gonna cry, I don't know what she said, but the skirmish was over. The Mom stood up, finished her transaction with the cashier and kinda pushed the boy along and headed out. I watched them leave and then turned to the cashier, who said,in all sincerity "I wonder what she does when he uses the "C" word?". I lost it, laughed my ass off.... I mean if this cashier is thinking this little boy knows the meaning of either of these two words in perspective, we really have a problem.
Or worse, maybe I was more of a "late bloomer" than I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment