Monday, November 14, 2011

Thank God for Women - and let's just leave it at that

I love women, all women. That is not to say that I find all women attractive, it's more the attitude that women carry. I'm 53 years old now, and I think that would make me an "old fucker' by my own standards. I like to hear people say 50 is the new 30....er yeah. The point is, I think I know less about women now than when I was younger, go figure. Maybe I have been lucky or unlucky or whatever.... but I have met very few women who lacked any self confidence. I mean, I know quite a few women and when I sit back and think about it, it becomes clear that most women ARE fearless. I just don't get it.

As it happens, yesterday was a "people watching day".  There is a little open air bar down the street that has live music every Sunday afternoon.  Now I'm a huge music fan and classic rock and the blues just do it for me.  Anyway... as we're all aware of, hopefully, a little booze can loosen the inhibitions and then there is no telling what can happen.  I was sitting there having a cold one and enjoying the tunes, kinda eye ballin the crowd.  That's when she appeared right in front of me on the dance floor. 

Now forgive me, but this is gonna help me make my point.  We all have tastes that are unique to each of us.  As I describe this lady, just keep in mind that my opinion means squat to 50 million Chinese and most of you who read this.  She was damn near six feet tall, pushin about 220 pounds, wedged into a pair Levi's that were several sizes to small and had the "cool" holes in the knees and on the ass area of the faded britches.  The top to this outfit was just a tight ass black leather motorcycle vest with no bra (I know because her tits were coming out both the front an the sides). A huge ass black leather belt with a pink peace sign buckle, and lace fringe on each pant leg.  A motorcycle wallet with a long chain was connected to the belt, finished with lace up, black boots.  She had red hair and freckles and an almost pretty face.  Zero inhibition when it came to dancing. 

And dance she did folks.  She let it all hang out, so to speak.  She was fearless and she used every inch of the dance floor to shake, shimmy, roll, slide and glide, yep I said glide, because she did that too, as well as whoop holler and sing along with the band..  Man she was having fun out there, next thing you know the dance floor was packed and they started some kind of train style line dance, you know who the engine was right? So my point is, have you ever seen a man pull something like this off?  Frankly, I don't know a man who has the cajones to do that, no matter how much alcohol.  I've decided that women just don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks, and maybe that's how it should be. 

Know your own inner beauty.  Unleash your wild side and to hell with what anyone thinks.  She was happy, smiling and the center of attention, while more than one of us sat there wishing we had that kind of courage.  I love women.  Thanks for the lesson.
  
The women in my family are no different.  Except that they are style fashionista's. My mother has owned a boutique shop for over thirty years, between her and my sister, they can do anything, pros in the fashion biz. Throw my niece into the mix and they become world class.  So to round it out... one time I heard the comedienne Carol Burnett describe child birth as "Imagine pulling your bottom lip out as far as you can and then stretching it over the back of your head", I guess when dealin with that, overweight and dirty dancin just pales in comparison.

76 and cloudy....
In Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment