Sunday, March 4, 2012

To President Hamid Karzai and the people of Islam.


Preface,
I was very inspired yesterday.  A friend and I decided that we wanted to go to the local “Gun Range” for some target practice.  While understanding it was the weekend, I had no idea how crowded it would be.  I also had no idea of the many types of weaponry available to any citizen, nor how many weapons one citizen would likely own.  It was but one gun range in America, but if statistics do not lie, there are major problems for the anti gun crusaders, much less the enemies of the American people.

I once read a quote attributed to Japanese Admiral  Isoroku Yamamoto, "You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass".  I don’t know if that is a true or correct statement, but I do know that many Americans own many weapons, and they are practicing.

With that experience under my belt and reading about the continued violence over the Koran burnings in Afghanistan, I decided to write to the President of Afghanistan, Hamid Karzai.


President Karzai,

Please stop the violence over the Koran Burning!!

I know only what I have read about, concerning Islamic culture.  As an American, all I read or hear about from the international press, is that Afghan people and almost every other Middle Eastern country resents America and the West.  Mr. Karzai, I do not understand.

America, while having many faults has only tried to improve conditions and at minimal, relationships with the Middle East.  Money and technology, has that not improved your country somewhat?  Have our Universities not given your people the opportunity to improve their countries and their own lives as well?  Have we not tried to be diplomatic at unrealistic cost to protect your own government.

Help me understand the resentment you have toward us.  Why can people from all over  the Middle East come to America and demand policies and opportunities that they are not allowed in their own countries?  Why can an Islamist speak of hate and murder toward other religions, declare us “infidels” and burn our Holy books and flags?  Please explain that.  How can an Islamist cry foul when the same things are applied to them as they have done to others?

Mr. Karzai, I am growing tired of your problems.  Your problems have been our problems and I think many Americans are nearing the end of ANY Middle East support.
This Koran burning was a terrible thing and a desecration to Islam, but how far must you go?  People of Eastern descent in America complain about being targeted and profiled, but an American in the Middle East must fear for their life.

Islamist people have murdered innocent Americans because of this incident.  That never happens in America.  However, I am not so sure it will not become more likely.  I see what the current administration has done to American pride and spirit.  I also see the emerging recovery of the American people.  The time is coming when you can no longer blame America or the West for the corruption of your people Mr.  Karzai, because  freedom is not corruption. 

I believe in tolerance, I believe it is good for all.  I believe in you Mr. Karzai, having the right, to have your own beliefs.  Yet how can a person of Islam ask me for tolerance, when they have shown none?  How can a person of Islam ask me for respect, when they have shown none.  How can a person of Islam ask me for justice, when they have shown none?   My Bible does not teach hate, murder or revenge, it does teach “an eye for an eye”.  Where do we draw the  line?  You and your people need to take and accept the responsibility for the extremism you have caused and for ending it.  The people who can make the most difference in the least amount of time and start the healing between the people of Islam and the rest of the world, are you and your administration.  However, you must start now and you must lead by example, because your words have been hollow. 

The Middle East should be the land of milk and honey with your strong beliefs and the oil resources available to you.  Yet it is the land of the desolate, the dominated and the defeated, whose only victory lies in the ability of the war lords to maintain fear and oppression in the people.  You say you do not want to have "occupiers" in your country, neither do I, yet America has many violent Islamic terrorist.  I do not see where Islamist are deserving of any credit for progress or peace.  You are unable to get along with one another, much less do you possess the credibility to establish any trust based relationship with the people of the United States.

 Mr. Karzai, before you awaken the sleeping giant of the unrecognized population of America, please save the peace and please stop the violence over the burning of the Koran.     

No comments:

Post a Comment