Friday, March 18, 2011

Something to Think about.

An earthquake, tsunami, death, destruction and and crippled nuclear plants. And how's your week been? Very bad for Japan. What concerns me the most is watching helicopters deliver water to the damaged nuclear plants. When I think of Japan, I don't think of Pearl Harbor, like my grandparents did, I think about Godzilla and Honda and booming technology. The cheap ass monster movies that used to terrify me until I actually saw the monster on screen, lets face it, Japan was very smart in switching to anime. Like a lot of Kung Fu movies, the English overdubbing was pretty erratic as well.

Now seeing news clips of helicopters carrying water in these huge buckets, well it was like something out of one of those terrible Japanese monster movies. It's like this seems so FAKE, how in the HELL do you battle radiation with large buckets of water? It just don't seem to correlate. OK, I know they are trying to cool the reactors down but you have to admit it seems a bit far fetched. Forest fires, sure, helicopters are used with regularity. My nuclear image, is of an Asian techno-scientist in a lab coat and a sterile environment, or at least using hazmat suits and the like with some kind of mystery end all to battle the radiation. Nobody gets dirty and eventually they find the right button to push or valve to close and it's all over. The movie ends and we go home.

Maybe I have seemed callous in writing this, however it is NOT the case. I can't imagine the stress that must be rampant all over Japan. I went through hurricane Ike and was with out power, gas and water for 18 days. That was no picnic, but to see a country virtually obliterated, I can only pray for them.

The point I am making is this, and think about it, Iran with a nuclear plant.

IRAN WITH A NUCLEAR PLANT!

What are your thoughts? The Japanese and the Iranians are not on the same scale. Education is at the forefront for the Japanese kids while the Iranians, er...... the boys are reading the Koran and learning about jihad and martyrdom. You just don't go from cave dweller to nuclear energy provider over a few years. True, there are many highly trained and skilled Iranian doctors and engineers. However, with the history of graft, war, poverty and Islamic rule, I am betting the a fore mentioned doctors and engineers are working in the USA and other modern countries. Think about it. Japanese culture is one of pride, perfection and honor and look at their history. OK and Iran? It is what it is people. I bet the Iranian plant has more engineering and construction faults than we can imagine. Throw in the stuxnet worm and who knows what the hell is gonna happen.

The Japanese, with highly skilled people, could not build a nuclear plant with all the necessary checks and balances to provide for a totally safe nuclear environment, maybe that's an oxymoron huh? Then we have Iranians, where truth depends on who is speaking, and where you protect your family honor by killing your daughter because she spoke to a male outside of the family. Sleep safe tonight.
From Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment